Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Unease

I wish I could tell you there was a reason for the absence. That there was an attack, that someone had died, that Octopus Man had showed up and caused some havoc, anything like that.

I could say that.

But it'd be just me telling a good story to entertain the masses.

No, things have been quiet since the incident with Keaton. Too quiet, in fact. Not much left for me to do here, I think Celeste will be able to survive without me before long.

I mainly just walk around Ocean City by myself. Nothing's happened, but lately I've just been feeling down on my luck, and no amount of whiskey purchased from the nearby liquor store has been able to make me feel better so far.

Wren hasn't called. Not even to check in. That worries me a bit. As much of a pain as he is, the one thing he is is reliable. But no calls since he left. I don't know if he just can't or if someone's stopped him from checking in. Somehow I can't make myself believe he's dead; otherwise I'd have heard of a massacre of cops and agents by now. If Wren was gonna go down, he wouldn't do it without making a big mess.

Things are feeling tense at Celeste's Haven. Nothing's happened, just this uneasy feeling hanging over the heads of the people who are still here. Like we're expecting something to happen. Good or bad.

Whatever. I'll see if Celeste is ready to update soon.

14 comments:

  1. "You should really be concerned with that silly little haven that's been formed... seriously, one small 'accident' and they'll all come toppling down..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, uneasy and weird as it is, nothing happening is still better than having to run or fight for your life, right? At the very least it gives you time to prepare for the next confrontation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could very well be the calm before the storm. Not trying to be a downer, but we should all just, yaknow, prepare for the worst.

    In the words of one of my favorite book characters, "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left a comment on the last update. I didn't think anyone would see it, but oh well. I'm new here. I started digging because my friend was seeing Slendy. I haven't asked him about it lately, but I'm guessing he isn't being bothered anymore. I told him to call me whenever he saw Him, as soon as he was in a position to do so that is. Anyway, I was hoping to find out some info and this along with M's blog helped a lot.

    Anyway, I agree with Emelia. Stay vigilant. He's one slick son of a bitch. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Emelia you win the internet for that. But i agree, it seems very like the calm before the storm, and a bad one at that. (Especially if it's OC, Horrible storms of any nature over by the water..)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ThE CORe CaN END OUr BAtTLE
    IF ThE HUNTeD KNEW WHErE To LOOK


    9*30/9*30/9*30/9*30/9*30/9*30

    ReplyDelete
  7. He won't stay away from people who fight Him, Zeke. hes always here. the best you can do is drive Him away for a bit. keep that in mind. He's never gone for good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently caught up to your blog. I find it very interesting. I am trying to believe old Mr.Slender isnt real you are the only one who has made me think he is. I feel bad for you Zeke. I wish for you that you stay safe. Live long and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #Revelation

    Hello, Detective Straham.

    Please, tell me. Why do you look away from the door in front of your face? Your hand has rested on the knob for some time. It's time that you grasp it firmly, and open it to a better world.#####D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Might as well take advantage of the time you have, maybe have some fun. He's never been much of a public kind of guy, for one.

    I hear arcades are back in vogue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to know things have calmed down for you cause things have gone to hell in my area. Good luck to ya man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anybody else wondering what's up with LookingGlass? He's been posting crap on M's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Strahm, not that I expect you've gone and died, but people tend to get nervous when they don't hear from someone in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah, Zeke hasn't said anything since the first. M hasn't said anything since the 8th I'm not sure about Shaun...But I think it's time we started getting worried

    ReplyDelete